Advantages of a CNG Virtual Pipeline
Certarus offers low carbon energy solutions through a CNG virtual pipeline, reducing costs and burning cleaner than other fuels. We specialize in the creation of a CNG virtual pipeline by compressing, transporting, and integrating compressed natural gas for industries like mining, forestry, and more.
By utilizing our network of regional CNG compression stations coupled with our fleet of trailers, we provide a fuel source that surpasses the reach of conventional pipelines. This allows us to provide CNG to isolated regions or areas where pipelines have not yet been constructed or are not feasible.
In addition to these, other CNG virtual pipeline advantages include:
- Reliability: through reduced touches within the supply chain and redundant supply points
- Reduced Operating Costs
- Continuous and Monitored Supply: with 24/7 remote monitoring from Certarus
Advantages of CNG
There are a number of different advantages of compressed natural gas. In addition to being an abundant fuel source, CNG offers the following benefits:
- Cost Savings: CNG is a cheaper alternative to fuel sources like liquid natural gas (LNG) and propane
- Eco-Friendly: CNG is the cleanest transportation fuel on the market with 90% less particulate emissions than diesel; offers the ability to reduce greenhouse gas emissions over the fuel lifecycle
- Price Stable: CNG offers a stable and predictable fuel price
- Safer: CNG is safer than other fuel sources like LNG and diesel
- If there is a leak, fuels like LNG and Diesel remain on the ground before evaporating; CNG evaporates immediately
What Types of Fuel can CNG Displace?
As mentioned above, there are a number of different benefits to utilizing compressed natural gas over other fuel sources. Some examples of fuels that CNG can replace include:
- Propane: CNG offers lower operating costs and lower initial CAPEX requirements than propane
- Liquid Natural Gas (LNG)
- Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG)
With 30-50% savings over other liquid fuels, there’s no question compressed natural gas is the fuel source for you.
Industries & Applications
Compressed natural gas can be used in a number of different industries for various applications. Some of these include:
- Oil & Gas
- Asphalt Plants
- Power Generation (Utilities)
- Remote Camps
- Off-Grid Communities
- Renewable Natural Gas
Why CNG From Certarus?
Certarus provides end-to-end, turnkey CNG solutions. Not only do we supply CNG through the use of our virtual pipeline, we can also help you convert your operation with engineering and financing services. We deliver pipeline spec gas utilizing the largest fleet of CNG trailers in North America to provide you with a safer, cleaner, more reliable, and cost-efficient fuel supply. Contact us today.