Health & Safety
At Certarus, we are committed to the health and safety of all employees, contractors, clients, and the public.
No job is worth doing if it cannot be done safely. We take every precaution to ensure the safety of our people, our customers, and the communities around us. We invest in technology and ongoing training to provide our teams with the tools and information they need to work safely – and we empower them to stop work if they ever feel unsafe.
The goal of our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policy is to create an accident-free workplace. We take this goal seriously, and we expect each of our employees and contractors to take responsibility for maintaining and improving on our safety performance. This applies equally across the company, from the boardroom to the maintenance shop. We are all accountable for our overall HSE initiatives.
We will uphold this commitment by:
- Complying with applicable safety regulations and industry standards.
- Complying with our own HSE policies and management system.
- Identifying and mitigating adverse environmental impacts of our operations, in keeping with good environmental and business practices.
- Responding to emergencies in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Ensuring all company employees are aware of their HSE responsibilities.
- Seeking every opportunity to understand potential HSE issues that may impact work undertaken by employees or contractors of Certarus.
All Certarus employees and contractors are responsible for:
- Obeying all company and client safety rules.
- Following recommended safe work procedures.
- Wearing, using and maintaining personal protective equipment when required.
- Participating in required HSE training programs.
- Informing their immediate supervisor of any unsafe work conditions.
- Refusing all unsafe work.
It is important to remember that safety begins with each of us. We should consider the health and safety impacts within every activity.